Jolocom – A decentralized data sharing and collaboration tool for the sharing economy. A young and growing Berlin-based startup with the aim of shifting communication and data sharing towards more natural decentralized structures.
Are you currently enrolled at university or you have just graduated and would like to get some practical experience? Jolocom is looking for a web-app-dev-intern who would like to join our team.
– Take responsibility for your actions and are a good communicator.
– Are patient & ready to start over.
– Even if not familiar with terms such as blockchain or decentralization, you believe in the idea that the power should be given back to us, the users.
– Excellent proficiency in HTML, CSS
– Knowledge of at least one major JS framework: React, Ember, Aurelia or Backbone
– Experience with CSS concepts: BEM, OOCSS, etc; good understanding of how specificity works
– Experience with pre-processors, either SASS or LESS would do
– Some experience with task runners Grunt/Gulp (minification, auto-prefixing)
– Leadership & growth opportunities within the team: the sky is the limit! We are looking for people who are willing to propose new paths and approaches and who do not fear to take the lead and who have longer term perspectives of staying with us in Berlin after the internship.
– Flat hierarchies and a comfortable working atmosphere with an international team. We come all the way from the UK, Lithuania, Spain, Germany, Moldavia, Mexico and Australia.
– Inspiring working location: Ethereum office near Kottbusser Tor. We work next to people who are also involved in decentralization topics, so it’s a great place to mingle and get involved in the strong community around web decentralization.
– Involvement in AGILE, a Horizon 2020 European Commission project for IoT solutions which we entered in January 2015 together with 16 international partners.
– Paid internship.
We’d like to hear about you. If you are interested in working with us, send your CV together with a few lines telling us why you would like to work with us and why web decentralization is a topic you would like to work on. This last part is very important for us, we want to know what triggered you to apply and what your aspirations are To be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn more about web decentralization, you can find a list of videos under the DECENTRALIZATION page in this website.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Jolocom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.